Born in 81 in Namur in french speaking Belgium, Simon lives in comic culture since his childhood. While following briefly the art academy course he discovers the classic sci-fi from that time and the artists that represent it, H.R. Giger, Moebius, Druillet, Otomo, Shirow and many, many more who would still influence him untill today. Later, falling in underground techno music, he organises legal and illegal events with his friends and under the pseudonym of "Simon Korfunkle" he produces "Breakcore", a pretty much apocalyptic and futurist style. He will play in most European countries but also in Russia and the United States. The two artistic fields where the thematic of technology is very present will naturally merge, resulting in his actual graphic works, depicting cybernetic creatures and dystopian landscapes.
Altough his art is very focused on the future, Simon uses only "old" traditionnal techniques such as pencils, ballpointpens, brushes with ink, watercolor, acrylic and paper of course.
As freelancer between legality and not since around 10 years, he has been commissioned for various purposes, including concept art for virtual reality games, music record covers and night-life advertizing material. He also exhibited his works in differents types of events, from group and solo shows to comic conventions and art fairs.
Some of his works have been published in the book "Biomech Art: Surrealism, Cyborgs and Alien Universes", which is a reference for the genre called "Biomechanical Art". He also self-published his own comic book.
Simon resides in Berlin since 2010.
- Comic Salon Erlangen [31st May to 3rd June 2018 - Erlangen, Gernany]
- Exhibition "Haedre" [25th Oct. to ?? 2018 - Konsortium, Magdeburg, Gernany]
- Vernissage "Devlok" [15th December 2017 - Bruxelles, Belgium]
- Exhibition "Welcome to the Hyperhaedron" [25th Nov. to 13th Dec. 2017 - Liège, Belgium]
- Comic Festival Usine à Bulles [25th November 2017 - Liège, Belgium]
- Vernissage Exhibition "Devlok" [2nd November 2017 - Hever, Belgium]
- Vernissage Exhibition"Devlok" [28th to 29th October 2017 - Ohey, Belgium]
- Vernissage Exhibition "Devlok" [15th October 2017 - Berlin, Germany]
- Comic Festival München [25th to 26th May 2017 - München, Germany]
- Comic Invasion Berlin [6th to 7th May 2017 - Urban Spree, Berlin]
- Comic Festival BDOUR [12th to 13th November 2016 - Dour, Belgium]
- F.A.C.T.S Comic Con [22nd to 23rd Oct. 2016 - Ghent, Belgium]
- Berlin Comic Con [14th to 15th Oct. 2016 - Berlin]
- Comic Festival Hamburg [1st to 2nd Oct. 2016 - Hamburg]
- Comic Invasion Berlin [18th to 19th Apr. 2016 - Urban Spree - Berlin]
- Another incursion into the Hyperhedre [Dec. 2015 to June 2016 - Cafe Stadler - Berlin]
- Gallery X Anniversary Show [3rd Dec. to 23rd Dec. 2015 - Gallery X - Dublin]
- Modern Panic 6 Exhibition [13th to 23rd Nov. 2015 - Apiary Studios - London]
- Neue Sinnlichkeit [6th June to 20th Sept. 2015 - JVA - Magdeburg]
- Comic Invasion Berlin [18th to 19th Apr. 2015 - Urban Spree - Berlin]
- Modern Panic 5 Exhibition [7th to 16th Nov. 2014 - Apiary Studios - London]
- Signs of dexterity [3rd to 5th Oct. 2014 - Greenhouse Atelierhaus - Berlin]
- Searching for the Hypehaedraeum [6th to 7th June 2014 - Brussel]
- Le gros d´Ohey [1st June 2014 - Ohey (Belgium)]
- Artcore International [21st to 24th May 2014 - Hotel Elephant - London]
- Monstre Festival [14th to 17th Nov. 2013 - L'usine - Geneva]
- Lange Nacht der Bilder [14th to 15th Sept. - Cagliostro Bar - Berlin]
- Exquisite Corpse [Spring 2013 - X-Lab Gallery - Berlin]
- Interview on 48FM, 24th November (In French)
- Devlok, the techno-templar Volume 1 & 2
- Datacide Magazine 16
- Banzai La Revue (October 2016)
- Datacide Magazine 15
- Neroblio Zine #2
- Biomech Art: Surrealism, Cyborgs and Alien Universes.